Tomorrow begins our two week wedding and honeymoon vacation in Walt Disney World! Here’s lots to read and watch while we’re gone:
• Be sure to take the time to watch this brilliant cover of the “Cell Block Tango” from Chicago, as covered by Disney Villains. This is “Spell Block Tango”, directed by Todrick Hall:
• Check out all of Sarah’s in-depth coverage of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival at Eating WDW.
• In ill-advised sequel news, here’s the Planes: Fire & Rescue teaser trailer:
• And in ill-advised original films news, read about Disney’s newest project, Fairy Tale Wedding.
• Are you subscribed to Deja View? If not, what the hell are you waiting for? On his blog, animator Andreas Deja shares a goldmine of drawings, photos and other artwork from the Disney studio, from both his time with the company and before. Check out recent gems about the development of Wart from The Sword in the Stone, some of the work of Frank Thomas, and the many early designs of Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty.
• Hallowen may be over, but if you’re not done being creeped out, be sure to catch the mashup video that features scenes from Cinderella (1950) cut with audio from the trailer for Carrie (2013):
• Cartoon Brew has a post up this week that is a little different than their normal stories. Read all about Eisner-era architecture on Disney properties.
• Are you running in the Wine and Dine Half Marathon events next weekend? You may want to check out the Touring Plans blog tips for navigating a runDisney Expo.
• Nora and Nick of Extra Walt Disney World Magic have attended several special events during the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. Read their reviews of the Tequila Lunch at La Hacienda de San Angel, the Beer and Food Pairing at Via Napoli, and the Sake Dinner at Tokyo Dining. They also attended a number of events at this years Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic.