We hope you all had a merry Christmas and are gearing up for a happy New Year! If you get a chance to slow down on this holiday weekend, be sure to check out some cool Disney articles from around the web.
Tomorrow begins our two week wedding and honeymoon vacation in Walt Disney World! Here’s lots to read and watch while we’re gone:
• Be sure to take the time to watch this brilliant cover of the “Cell Block Tango” from Chicago, as covered by Disney Villains. This is “Spell Block Tango”, directed by Todrick Hall:
• Check out all of Sarah’s in-depth coverage of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival at Eating WDW.
• Enjoy the Disney Hipsters‘ commentary on the truly atrocious photos in The Disney Book of Knitting. Part 1 and Part 2 are now online, with a promise of more to come.
• In ill-advised sequel news, here’s the Planes: Fire & Rescue teaser trailer:
• And in ill-advised original films news, read about Disney’s newest project, Fairy Tale Wedding.
• Are you subscribed to Deja View? If not, what the hell are you waiting for? On his blog, animator Andreas Deja shares a goldmine of drawings, photos and other artwork from the Disney studio, from both his time with the company and before. Check out recent gems about the development of Wart from The Sword in the Stone, some of the work of Frank Thomas, and the many early designs of Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty.
• Hallowen may be over, but if you’re not done being creeped out, be sure to catch the mashup video that features scenes from Cinderella (1950) cut with audio from the trailer for Carrie (2013):
• Jambo Everyone continues telling the Story of Harambe at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park.
• Cartoon Brew expresses disappointment with Disney animator Lino DiSalvo’s assertion that animating women is “really, really, difficult” because emotions make girls ugly. More bad news: Pixar Canada is closed, just four years after opening up shop.